Friday, April 25, 2014

"To be learned and healthy!"


As I've said before, we do the same math activity for the week from the AMC math book.  This week we've been making unifix cube structures - super easy to differentiate for my kiddos.  Some are able to make the structures as they expect in the book - they build it next to the visual and are able to make it stand up.  They also count the number of cubes in each structure and make certain it is exactly like the one on the card.  



Some of my kiddos have to build the structure directly on top of the card and can't balance it next to the card.  


Others need color-coded visuals for the unifix cubes directly on the structure.


When one of my kiddos asked why we were doing the same thing that we did yesterday, I was thinking of how to exactly word my response when another kiddo said it better than I ever could have - "To be learned and healthy.  We have to keep doing this to be learned and healthy."  I couldn't have said it better myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover