Friday, April 4, 2014

The End of Dr. Seuss (a little late!)

We wrapped up Dr. Seuss month with Green Eggs and Ham, Dr. Seuss' ABCs, and a my favorite book activity.  Of course I am on Spring Break right now and forgot to take pictures of our ABC pages and favorite book craft before we left...if I remember I'll do it when I get back to school.
I have the Dr. Seuss book apps so we were able to read them on the SmartBoard hooked up to the iPad.  I love how engaged the kids get when the only differences is a big book on the SmartBoard (and no, projected with the document camera is NOT the same thing!) as compared to a book that I hold - the difference in attention and engagement is amazing!

We made green eggs out of construction paper one day... There was no pattern to this, they just had to cut out their egg whites and green yolks, then they wrote whether or not they would eat green eggs.  Apparently Sam-I-am is pretty convincing because most were going to eat green eggs!

Another day I made a sheet for them to write what they would not eat... I love how specific some of them get, and then of course, some just won't eat "green things!" :)




Of course, we had to make green eggs and bacon (not all got green eggs, some got other color eggs too!)... Frosting, pretzels, and skittles or M&Ms (depending on their preference) are always super yummy!

It was the perfect way to make the weeks in March go quickly to help us get to Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover