Saturday, April 5, 2014

Math Success!!


So I know I briefly talked before about how much I am loving using Developing Math Concepts with my kiddos.  Right before break I was doing some assessments for Progress Reports and Grades (not my favorite part of my job!).  I was so incredibly proud and impressed with one of my kiddos that I just have to share!
We have been working a TON (and I really mean every day and in multiple ways) with 5-frames, 10-frames, and numbers higher than 10 with multiple 10-frames... When I gave him a bunch of bears to count he told me that he had to make them all sit up... look what he did - he arranged them all in rows of 5, one after another!  

I was so incredibly impressed!  He was able to see (without counting!) that 4 rows of 5 bears and 4 more was 24!  Even better, he was so proud of himself for being able to do this!



Every time I gave him more bears, he just kept adding to his rows of 5.  He couldn't do all 44 bears (I emptied the bucket because he asked me to) but he was able to get up to 32!  I couldn't have been prouder of him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover