Saturday, March 15, 2014

Dr. Seuss Month!

I LOVE incorporating Dr. Seuss throughout March.  The kiddos always seem to love the activities and the books.  It just makes us all happy :)
So far, we've done One Fish, Two Fish and Cat in the Hat.  

For One Fish, Two Fish, the kiddos traced their hands in different colors and wrote "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish".  I got the idea for this craft from Vanessa Dewey's blog.  Their fish didn't quite look like the model...but do you really want them to??  Here are a few of my favorites!


We've done a bit more with Cat in the Hat.  We used tissue paper to decorate our own hats.  Gotta love the ones where they did patterns on the hats as well as not even using the Cat in the Hat colors...I think the black and white one might just be my favorite!




We also made some simple shape cats out of circles and rectangles.





Who could resist this Cat in the Hat that looks nothing like the Cat in the Hat unless you had seen him make it... He was so proud!

We were actually able to start The Lorax at the end of this last week.  So far all we have is paper plate Loraxes. I got the idea here from Stacey at Glued to My Crafts




Stay tuned for truffala trees and a Lorax-style trail mix.

I can't wait to see what they make the rest of this month!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover